Before we start: The workflow outlined here and in the following sections pertains to our sports proofing workflow only. If you are doing a sports prepay workflow, please contact our customer success team at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
In this section:
GotPhoto’s workflows are built around “Photo Jobs.” Within each job, you’ll be able to set the workflow settings, build your online galleries, and process orders. In this section, we’ll walk you through how to create a new job.
In order to have your first job, you will need to create one! On your account toolbar, click on Photo Jobs, then + Create New Job. A new window will open where you can fill out the job information.
If you are using our advanced tax feature, where the tax rate is based on the school or league's location, you MUST set up an organization for the job so that the right tax rate can be applied.
Under Step 1 of your job Settings, Access Type, select how you want your customers to access their photos online (proofing). In most cases, the most appropriate access type is going to be "Access code for each person," which will then offer you a few different tagging methods:
- QR tagging: if you don’t have a names list or roster from the school or league, but would like to use QR cards for tagging photos. Just indicate how many QR cards you'd like the system to generate for this job.
- QR tagging - with list of names: if you do have a names list or roster from the school or league and would like to use QR cards or barcode scanning for tagging photos. This is also the best way to import your customer contact data for your communication profiles. You can upload your own spreadsheet and match the data columns, or use our CSV template.
- QR tagging - Registration for Picture Day: if you would like parents to register their athlete for picture day (which will build your names list and customer contact details in the process!).
- Manual tagging: if you would like to manually tag each athlete's photos one-by-one, or use or use or metadata upload feature*.
*See Help below for more information about the metadata upload feature
Select your price profile from the dropdown menu under Step 2 - Price Profile.
Using job coupons in your proofing job serves a dual purpose:
- They create a sales incentive for parents by offering a discounted basket value or free shipping.
- They trigger coupon emails within “Communication Profiles” to customers who’ve yet to make a purchase.
Add a coupon to your job under Step 3 - Important Events → Coupon. This coupon will be active for the job, meaning every customer with access to the job and its value is applied to the basket automatically - they won’t have to enter a code to receive the discount.
If you’d like to offer a one-off coupon (i.e. just for coaches), you can do so by creating a custom coupon by going to Settings → Custom Voucher, or by clicking Custom voucher. These coupons will require the customer to enter a code during checkout to receive the discount.
GotPhoto supports two types of shipping:
- Direct Shipping: The customer pays to have their order shipped directly to their address. Direct shipping fees are set by the lab and automatically get calculated and added to the customer’s order during check out.
- Batch Shipping: Batch shipping enables photographers to offer free shipping as a financial incentive to the customer without taking a hit on the shipping fee for every order. If you choose batch shipping, you can specify a date when the batch shipping deadline comes to a close, then all orders will be transferred to the lab on the following day.
Under Step 3 - Important Events → Batch Shipping, you can turn “batch shipping” on and complete the batch shipping details, or leave it unchecked for direct shipping only (or offer both!).
- If you don't select batch shipping, all orders in the job will default to direct shipping.
- Batch shipping will default to manual processing, meaning you will have to go in and manually release the batch for production. If you want automatic processing instead, make sure to select it.
Archiving a job takes the photos in your shop offline. It's important to set an archiving date because it also triggers communication emails to the customers informing them when their photos will no longer be available. This promotes a sense of urgency and usually generates more sales.
Set your archiving date, and choose if you want there to be a delay between the archiving date and the time when the photos actually go offline.
Under Step 4, you can select the communication profile you previously created in Communication or choose one of GotPhoto’s templates from the dropdown.
If you have uploaded a names list with customer contact data, certain triggers could be activated simply by saving your job settings. Always make sure you are happy with your communication profile and the triggers you are using before you add a communication profile and save your settings.
Within each photo job, you can turn on or modify certain advanced features to support your ideal workflow. This includes things like:
- Adding a custom job description to your online shop
- Adding custom job text that you can then easily pull into your communication profile
- Manual Revision (if rather than go to the lab, you can review any orders first) - required if you're not building all of your memory mates upfront
- Customer registration
Before you can start selling, it’s important to place a test payment to make sure your payment method has been successfully set up and the money will go to your bank account.
Next up: QR Cards & Barcode Scanning