Previously: Picture Day
In this section:
Picture day is over and now comes the fun part - editing your photos and getting them out to customers! GotPhoto’s automated workflows will make building your galleries and processing orders fast and easy.
Here, we’ll show you how to build beautiful online galleries that customers will love and want to order from!
Any photo editing should be done prior to uploading the images to GotPhoto.
Using Lightroom? We are integrated with Lightroom so that you can make your photo edits and upload the images easily to GotPhoto in a few quick steps. Please refer to the Photo Upload - Lightroom for step-by-step instructions.
From your photo job, head to the “Photo Management” tab. This is where you will create your albums, upload and sort the photos, and add your watermark. Once that is all complete, you will be able to start selling your photos online.
Start by setting your watermark. You can use the standard watermark that came with your account or your own custom watermark that you created in the One-Time Settings guide.
If you are already using a watermark for school jobs, make sure to test it out to ensure it will also work for your dance jobs. Sometimes a watermark that works well for traditional portraits, won't adequately cover the face in a full-body / action shot.
Within Photo Management, create a new album. Inside the album, there will be two different categories for photos:
- Group - these photos will be visible to everyone within the album (i.e. all kids within the album will be able to see any group photo(s) within that album).
- Individuals - only the child with that access code can view these photos (i.e. there can be multiple kids in the individual section of the gallery, but they will only be able to see their own photos).
For stable uploads and high volume shoots, choose from one of the platforms below to upload your photos to GotPhoto:
- Easy Upload: our own, internally developed photo uploading tool. It’s free to download for Mac and Windows users and has a very simple user interface. Simply upload the photos into your album, or drag and drop entire folders and the app will build your galleries and sort the images for you.
- Lightroom Plugin: an sFTP upload plugin that integrates with your Lightroom software to enable you to upload photos from Lightroom directly to your jobs in GotPhoto. Recommended for those who are already using Lightroom as part of their workflow.
- FTP upload: upload photos to your jobs in GotPhoto using your preferred FTP software.
- Make sure to switch your job to "planning" when you go to upload images using one of the above methods.
- You can always upload photos using your web browser, however, we only recommend using this method to upload a few photos for a very small job or to add additional photos to an existing gallery. High volume jobs should defer to one of the other options above, otherwise, it will take a long time to upload all the photos.
If you are using QR cards, arrange your photos so that the photo of the child's QR card is in front of the child's photos. The system will automatically detect the picture of the QR card and read the code. Make sure that all the QR codes have been detected.
If you are doing manually tagging, you'll have to manually tag the photos now.
When all the photos are in the correct order and all the QR codes have been detected, you can activate the access codes.
- If you are using QR cards, make sure to manually tag any QR card photos that haven’t automatically been detected by the system.
- Doing barcode scanning? GotPhoto will automatically tag and activate the access codes for you!
Before customers can view their photos online, the job status needs to be changed to “Selling.” If you are happy with your albums and job settings, go ahead and set the job to selling now.
- If you are using a communication profile that uses “When a job is set to selling” notification trigger, these emails and texts will be sent to customers after 9:00AM, your local time. This means that if you set your job to selling at 12:00PM, the emails will not go out to customers until 9:00AM the following day.
- If you change your mind and move the job back to “Planning,” the emails will still be sent because the notification has already been triggered.
Up next: Sales & Business Management