In this article, we will tackle the Retake workflow for Proofing jobs, for Prepay, please check the last paragraph of this Prepay Article: Prepay Workflow
There are two ways how you can handle retakes/makeup days, both options have different upsides:
Option 1 - Create a new Retake album in the original job
- Means you use the same QR cards (access codes) for the student that you used for the first shoot. Using a tablet with the QR cards PDF will speed up your workflow on Retake day, in your PDF reader, you can simply search for the student and take a picture of the QR card. Make sure that there's no shadow or glare on the screen.
- You upload the new pictures either via sFTP, EasyUpload or Lightroom (here, you need to switch the job to Planning for the upload) or via the web upload:
- In a last step, you activate the access codes as usual.
- The trigger "When a job is switched to selling" has already been used, so you need to create a manual Newsletter to let your parents know that the images are available. The best way to go would be via the Customers (on the top menu) > Newsletter > Write newsletter
- Under recipients, click Add /edit and filter for customers of the Retake album only
- Finally, you create your email. In order t save time, you can also use or customize the sample template Email 1: "Your Photos are ready", hit the save & preview button and if everything looks fine, send the newsletter, so that your customers know that the photos are online.
With this option, your retake / make-up customers can select their preferred yearbook pose (unless you have unchecked the box for the yearbook selection on the Setting page of the job.)
Option 2 : Upload pictures in a new job
(recommended if the retakes take place over/ after a longer period of time):
- Create a new job assign the same organization as for the main job. Select and save the settings QR Tagging (do NOT load data in, DO NOT generate QR Cards there)
- Attach a Communication Profile and the same Price Profile that you have saved in the main job. You can also add a coupon to the job.
- Shoot with the original QR Cards (as in Option 1, load the PDF on a tablet and in your PDf reader, search for the name of the kid as they come up, take a pic of the QR Card)
- Upload the Photos via your preferred upload method in the new job and activate the access codes
- Make sure the photos are indexed (show the little star).
- If you don't want to show the pictures from the first shoot to customers, make sure to hide or delete them in the first job.
- If the yearbook selection feature is still activated in your original job, your customers can now (also) select the pictures from the retakes in your shop.
- Activate the access codes and switch the job to Selling so that your customers receive the notification that their pictures are online.