Student data can be uploaded into a job in order to personalize QR cards with subject and Teacher/Grade data. It's also required in order to create student data exports intended for Yearbook photos or Student IDs.
Upload student data
- Go to your photo job
- Select Access Type "Access code for each person"
- Select "QR Tagging - With list of names"
- Download our CSV Template
If you downloaded our CSV template but noticed that the columns are not legible as indicated in the screenshot below, then you would have to import the actual CSV into your spreadsheet software.
- Open your spreadsheet software, for this we will use Microsoft Excel.
- Click File on the Menu Bar, and then Import
- For the type of file, select CSV and then click Import
- Find and select our CSV template which you have downloaded
- In the Text Import Wizard, select Delimited and then click Next
- On the next page, under Delimiters, select Semicolon only and then click Finish.
The data should now look legible as indicated below:
- Open the CSV Template using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets . Any other spreadsheet software can potentially cause issues IE → Apple Numbers.
- Copy your data into the appropriate columns of our CSV Template
- Save our CSV template with your data as an actual CSV, XLS or XLSX
- Upload the file into the photo job by clicking "Upload File"
Can I upload my custom roster? And can I also upload the list as an XLS or XLSX file?
Yes, to both questions. In a second step, you'll be asked to review your data and to match your fields with the fields of the names list.
Can I use students' ID as Access codes?
Yes, instead of leaving the Access Code column blank, you can use the students' ID as Access codes. But please keep in mind that you can't use an access code again in another job. If you take pictures at the school every year/ twice a year, you'd need to add a prefix or suffix to the students' ID like 123456Fall20 instead of 123456.
- Birthdate for Students, for example, 12/02/1988
- intended for Student IDs, for example, ID 12345
- Grade, for example Grade1
- Name for (homeroom) teacher, for example, Mr Smith
- intended for Student IDs, for example, 12/02/2019
- Street name
- Zip code
- Parent Firstname (1)
- Parent Lastname (1)
- Parent Email (1)
- Parent Phone (1)
- Parent Firstname (2)
- Parent Lastname (2)
- Parent Email (2)
- Parent Phone (2)
- Access Code (1) System will automatically create unique access codes for each student, you can also add customized unique access codes.
- Access Code (2) Column is only used when re-importing updated exported names list back to the job in case there are siblings.