Step 1a. Create a new photo job
- Create a new Gotphoto job.
Step 1b. Upload student data into the photo job
- Select QR Tagging with a list of names
- Download CSV Template
- Open the CSV Template using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Copy and paste your data into the appropriate columns
- Upload the CSV Template or Excel sheet into the photo job, match the data with the GotPhoto names list fields. Important: If you want to create a separate Data Export per group later, make sure to use the group column for the grade information. For staff members, enter "Staff". This way, you can later create a separate export just for staff members.
- Select "Yes- Yearbook photo" under "Customers can select their favorite photo?"
Step 2. Photo shoot
Step 3. Upload/Activate/Set job to selling
- Upload photos
- Activate access codes > Once you click Activate Access Codes in Step 3 of the activation process, check the box Resort photos based on names list (expert feature), use the scheme Group (or Teacher, if you want to create albums by teacher name) Now, the system will create albums for each group of your names list. Your upload album should now be empty and can be deleted.
- Set the job to selling
Step 4. Give your customers time to select their pose on your shop
- This likely depends on when the school is expecting the yearbook photos or student IDs. Most photographers use the Archiving date as a trigger in their communication profile to drive customers to their shop to select their pose.
- Selected photos will have a heart icon on the frame from Photo Management, you can also select the photo for the customer by selecting the index star on any highlighted photo.
The customer's selection (heart icon) overwrites the default index image and your selection under Photo Management. The only way to change it, is in the student data export preview.
Step 5. Generate student export
- Click the Selling tab within the photo job
- Click Student data export > Overview
- Click Create export
- Select the Format in the Format Drop Down Menu:
- PSPA > includes images in standard size 640px x 800px and Index File, you can also add the CSV
- Custom > allows you to select a bigger size for the images. Please reach out to support, if the existing sizes are still too small, we can add bigger sizes to your current option selection.
- Select the pattern for the photo files names (Optional, select Custom to build your own pattern)
- Click Proceed to Preview
- Here you can see what the end customer selected (Heart Icon), you could also override any selection.
- Click Generate
- The generation process can take a few minutes, you will be notified via email, once it has been created.
- Download or send the export to the lab or the school
In order to export only selected albums or e.g. only the teacher album, filter the group(s): The preview does not show you any entries after you filtered for a group, though you have different groups in the names list? Make sure you have sorted the images based on the names list, so that each group as its own album.